Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall is in the air...and a mouse is in the house!

The kids enjoyed playing in the leaves today...
 and yes, he's using a snow shovel instead of a rake...and yes, we are Polish ;)




 Summer loves our sweet guy Jake...


He's such a good dog :)  Goldens are the BEST family dogs.


 Toma did NOT like the leaves....


 goofing around....


 My michael <3


 Alex got an owie....and is being a goofball...


 he has the silliest faces....


 wouldn't it be wonderful if they tree STAYED this pretty!


 he's exhausted after all that raking...I mean, shoveling...


 Alex being a goof again, and Toma wanting OUT of the leaf pile....


 yes, the boys are fighting...and Toma is crying...but Summer is always ready for a picture!

 Toma is rather good at whittling ;)  He'd MUCH rather sit and do this than touch those nasty leaves.

 ok...there's a story behind this picture...Summer was wearing this dress the other day and the (nasty) neighborhood kids were teasing her..saying it was an old grandma dress.  She came in crying :(  So, I took this picture to show her how pretty she looked :)


 Another story here too....See the little thing in the corner of the window above our front door??  It's a baby mouse!!!
So, of course, we had to catch it and bring it in the house....


And feed it everything we could think of....
only problem was...when Summer turned her back to get it a bowl of water....it DISAPPEARED!!!  IN MY KITCHEN. 
Sigh.
I haven't seen it since...but we do have 5 cats....need I say more...???  :( :( :(

3 comments:

  1. Really precious pictures, Jodi, except for the mouse. Ewwwwww.... I hope one of your cats has a good dinner tonight. Tell Summer she looks adorable in her dress. So sad how mean kids can be. :( Thanks for your note on the ATR chat room.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall colors are Beautiful! You're way ahead of us on that so I'm lusting over that red tree in your yard!!! Tell Summer that if those kids tease her again, Auntie Kristin is going to fly out there and go a little "Italian Momma" on all of them so they'd better watch out!!!

    I'm not even going to comment about the mouse in the house...I mean, how would you even notice it with the llamas and the bazillion kids and the oatmeal on the ceiling, and what else has happened since I've been reading your blog? Oh yes, the dog's digestive issues...oops, maybe that wasn't public knowledge.

    Thanks for finally commenting on my blog. I just figured everyone had stopped checking since I hardly post anymore! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna say the leaves are the type of sound the BAHA hearing aid would distort, making it a very unpleasant (as in fingernails on a chalkboard type of sound) but then I realized he doesn't have his baha on in the pictures anyway. So..umm...nevermind. ;-)

    ReplyDelete