Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Finding Hunter

Hello! This is my first attempt at a blog as I am not real computer savvy! But here is goes.

This blog is about our journey into international adoption and the sweet little boy that has captured my heart,Hunter, from Eastern Europe. He just turned 5 on August 26th, and will be transferred to a mental institution soon, if not adopted. When I saw his sweet smile, I knew in my heart he was to be my son. I am far from the "type" to jump into something like this. I don't like to fly, I don't really like to be away from home and certainly not away from my kiddo's, but I believe the Lord is leading me and will clear the path to our little boy.
My husband of more than 19 years is the blessing of my life! He is everything I could want in a husband. But I have to say, it did take some persuading to get him to come around to the idea of adopting, after all, we do have 6 biological children already!

I am a stay at home mom, always have been, and love it. But we do have only one income,and international adoption is SO costly, so I can see why he would be apprehensive. But, after I shared with him that 80% of children transferred to an institution die with in the first year, he stopped putting up any resistance and I believe God changed his heart, or atleast led him in the right direction!

Please pray for us on our journey, and if you feel led, we would SO appreciate any financial help you could give us by donating to help bring Artiom home. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

2 comments:

  1. I adore hunter. I am so thrilled he has found his family! I will continue to pray for you guys. Now I need to find a family for aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Hunter! I have also prayed for him to find a home, and so glad he has a family eagerly waiting to spend the rest of his life with them!

    ReplyDelete