Friday, March 5, 2010

Getting ready all over again..

Since we got home with our new insight on little Artiom, I have had a chance to re-do a few things. I took down his twin size bed and put up a crib. Yes, he is 5 and still in a crib, and I really don't think he is ready for a bed. I bagged up all his clothes and put them in the attic. Now he and Alex will share the same dresser and the same clothes. My twins :)
I re-packed his suitcase with smaller clothes and only a few toys that might interest him. Most of what I brought for toys last time he didn't care about at all. Got smaller shoes too. I left his coat and boots at the orphanage because I didn't want to have to bring them home and then back again, (really bulky) so yes, they will be too big for him, but oh well. That's IF they are still there when we return :) If not, I'll pick something up for him there.
So, we are all set to go, itching to go in fact. But I do feel so lucky that I got the chance to get to know him for as long as I did, and explore his wonderful country. I can't wait to see his sweet smile again. I'm so happy for all the RR mommies and daddies that are going soon to meet their little angels! Especially Nancy~ who will be meeting Svetlana (Geri) very soon :)

4 comments:

  1. It is nice to be able to plan a bit. He will be home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks honey!!
    I hope to meet your little one too!!
    I have some hugs from his mommy and daddy :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to look at this time of waiting--as a time of preparing even "better" for Hunter's needs. He is so fortunate to have you as his Mommy!!:)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete