Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dreaming of 'my special country' today....

I think my life would be easier if I had never gone to 'my special country'. Why?
Because it changed me, and now I have to come back and live my life like 'normal' and it's hard to do. I don't know why exactly, but it really had a significant impact on me. Not just the orphanage, I know why that did, but the country... the sights and sounds and smells...the people, the countryside, ALEXANDER. I just think about our trip all the time and long to be there again.
It doesn't help matters that I feel a certain little boy has been put in my heart for a reason. He is in 'my special country' and doesn't have much of a future to look forward to. If we could find a way to pay for another adoption, he would be a Lewandoski :)
I just miss it.

Artiom is doing very well. His adjustment was a breeze. All the kids love him so much! He is playing with Papa right now and he loves that! Such a happy little guy.

Adoption is a beautiful thing......

6 comments:

  1. Ukraine is too cold for you! You're a palm tree remember? WARM weather for you!!! (And by the way, palm trees ARE evergreens!) I so see you as a palm tree the way you just sway in the breeze when trouble comes along but you don't break nor do you get all bent out of shape.

    Seriously, though, I know you miss Ukraine and your experience there. I'm praying that you'll be going back very soon to add another Lewandoski to the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you Kristin! That made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are neat. Thank you both of you for your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ukraine tends to have that effect on a lot of people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're getting ready to go soon, and I wonder the very same thing. How will I go back to life as I know it? Well, I guess I won't because I'm bring 3 little pieces of Ukraine home with me. So Ukraine will become part of our lives here as well. I know I will always think of all the rest I couldn't bring home, and I'll be telling others "Go get them!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting that you miss it. I miss my kids ofcourse, and wish that I could bring all of the other kids home as well (especially Dima), but I don't know, I don't miss Ukraine. I felt sad for the people while there, knowing how much control their government has over them, and how truly poor their living situations are. You made some great friends, and I think visiting is nice, but to actually live there would be completely different from visiting. However, I know you'll go back. There is another little one for you, and if you are this determined now to go back, you'll find a way in the future. It's that mother determination ;)

    ReplyDelete