Sunday, February 7, 2010

we're still here...

and boy do i have a story to tell you!! I don't have time right now, because we are going to the orphanage soon, but you WON'T believe it! We have had an experience like no other, don't worry, it's a good one.
on a different note, I need a root canal, and obviously I don't want to get one in 'my special country'! It is SO painful i can't stand it at times. part of my story has to do with having vodka in the countryside, which DID seem to help the pain :) but man, I don't know what i am going to do. We still don't have a court date. I took an antibiotic today, don't know if that was a good idea or not, but we'll see. any suggestions?? it really hurts, my whole side of my face and ear too.

so later, when i come back to the internet cafe, i will tell you all about our experience with our new friends in thier home off in a village somewhere....yes we are still alive, and no it probably wasn't the 'smartest' thing we have ever done, but it was something we won't likely forget, and it all ended up good. that's part of the faith thing :) More later, Jodi

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am a friend of Kristin Ferguson. Stopping by to see how your trip is going. I am so sorry for you tooth pain. If it were me I would probably start taking Motrin or Tylenol daily for pain and inflamation. I would think you could probably find that at a store there if you didn't bring any. Maybe you could have Sergey call a dentist for you and get some advice over the phone? I am very sorry. I will pray that you find some comfort and relief and that your court date comes soon.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair leaving us in suspense Jodi!!! I'll be praying that your mouth feels better and that you'll be able to make it back home to have your root canal. :( Can't wait to hear the story...it sounds like a doozy!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy to hear all is ok! sorry to hear about your tooth! I would keep taking the antibiotic, can't hurt anything :)
    can't wait to hear your story!!
    Hope you hear soon about your interpol clearance and then court!!!!
    I heard Vodka has lots of medicinal value :) :)
    good for you guys to step out in faith and have more adventures.

    ReplyDelete