Friday, January 28, 2011

Fatherless Friday

This is Sonya, and she's in the same orphanage as the 2 girls I had on here last Friday....an adoptive mom that was there met her and had these wonderful things to say about her...Thanks Patty L. and Helle for reminding me about her!
*From one of our adoptive families who visited with her in December 2010: "Sonya was adorable and VERY smart. She was sweet and immediately crawled up to me. She and her Nanny played and sang songs. She would smile so BIG when the Nanny would rub their palms together (part of the song). She was also counting and Sonya would put down her fingers as the nanny said the numbers!! She followed directions and came when she was called. She was playing with the small stacking rings and was doing very well lining up the small holes. She would wrinkle her nose as she was trying. The nanny really seemed to dote on her. I can't imagine her being transfered and losing this play time together. When she was leaving she crawled straight up to Yuri to check him out and then crawled to her Nanny who was calling her name. We waved and said "paka" and she smiled and waived!! Oh my heart!! She is a cutie pie and needs a family!! "




And it's one year ago TODAY that we met Artiom for the first time!!!!!!!
A day I will NEVER forget....



This is Sandra....and sadly she will never know the love of family this side of Heaven.  She recently passed away...an orphan.


But thankfully, she's in the arms of Jesus, her Eternal Father.  But it still breaks my heart that she didn't know that kind of love here, in her short life :(

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi,

    First, congratulations on your year anniversary of meeting Toma. Second, thank you, thank you, thank you for doing a post on Sonya. We think about and talk about her every day in our family. Our greatest wish is that when we go to check the "My Family Found Me" page,her sweet little face would pop up.
    We know you live far from NY, but is there a chance you & your family will be coming to the RR Summer Reunion here?
    Patty L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty!

    No, we won't be able to go to it.... :(

    But I bet it's going to be a blast!! Are you? I have to go check your blog and see where you live :) :)

    I too hope Sonya is chosen soon...she seems like such a sweet, happy girl.

    blessings~
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could scoop up Sonya. Of course little Sandra would have made a precious daughter as well. So sad.

    Blessings and thanks for advocating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great 1yr. anniversary. It was a year ago that I found a funny trophy wife named Jodi's blog and started following her wonderful adventures in Ukraine.

    IF you need a getaway from your family in the summer, I'll fly you out to the RR reunion! :)

    ReplyDelete