Monday, January 10, 2011

We finally took down the Christmas stuff a few days ago....I'm the kind to do it the day after Christmas every other year...but this year, I just didn't care so we left it up. 

When we took the huge Santa down from the big window, his head comes off first because it's heavy and comes apart...after Rich took his head off and handed it down to me, I thought about just leaving ole Santa up there for a couple of days, w/o a head :)   Wouldn't that have been funny?  And a little weird.  So we didn't.

We still aren't feeling well....it's the cold/chest stuff that just doesn't go away.  Artiom isn't feeling quite like himself lately either, he has a cough and runny nose.

Still juicing, just not nearly as much.  One veggie glass a day is enough for me.  And then a couple of fruit ones :)

Oh, and just an FYI for you juicing people out there....it's NOT a good idea to juice the whole grapefruit, peel and all :(  blah! 
It has a numbing effect on your mouth, like novocain.  Awful tasting too.

That's about it, it's really been quite boring around here lately....oh, and there's more snow today.  ~sigh~



*****my review for the day is this:  chicken cheese enchilada soup with a handful of sharp shredded cheese added and microwaved for 2-3 minutes.....OH MY, NUM :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the sickness thing but thankfully we're all MUCH better today!

    A headless Santa...now why would that be weird...for you guys I mean.

    I never got my juicer so I'm just drinking Diet Coke and eating potato chips and it has no numbing effect on my mouth whatsoever!

    Hope the sun comes out for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted you to have another comment so here's my 2nd comment in one day. Getting ready to eat sugar cookies without ONE. SINGLE. VEGGIE. to go with them! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you!

    Shane's making cinnamon rolls tonight :)

    But I DID have my (gross) glass of juice first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should have left him up for a day! Why not?

    I can totally picture the numbing effect of the grapefruit. Makes me wonder if I've had that before.

    I should get that juicer out, but then I'd have to go shopping to by way too much veggies and fruit, I'd do it for a couple day, quit, and then it would all go bad....

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete