Friday, April 9, 2010

I LOVE'..'my special country'

Seriously. I have always said this. It's a beautiful country and I have such wonderful friends that live there. They have shown us such warmth and hospitality. I could live there. I can't wait to go back.

I would never 'diss' the country or the people. We have kept our sons name out of respect for his heritage. Yet having experienced certain things while in country, it's a fine line what you share. I have had people say they are thinking about adopting from there, but want to know if the need is really that great. So here is the fine line.
I have deleted my previous post touching on the need. It was brought to my attention that this could jeopordize future adoptions, and I would also advise any of you who put it on your own blog to delete it as well.
Yes, it's incredibly important for people to know the need, but what is MOST important is that as many children as possible come home to families. And I have to leave it at that. I certainly don't want to have a negative light cast upon foreign adoptions for any reason at all....

5 comments:

  1. I know your heart for that country and I think it has always come through in your posts! Heck, I'm thinking you'll probably MOVE there someday the way you've raved about it!!! :)

    Thanks for the heads-up, however!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear ya. it is a fine line...a confusing line. you have gotten the word out and i know you have inspired others to help the orphans of the world. and btw i know you loved your time there :) ha ! Who else would go to the dentist HOW many times if they didnt love the people??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand completely :)
    We all know how much you love Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi,

    I know what you mean. I am so glad you put it out there though. My husband did not believe that these things were happening and I had him read your blog. He would not let himself believe it. I think this did alot to open both of our eyes, especially his. It is so easy to get caught up in our own comfortable lives and forget about the tremendous need out there. Thank you for educating us.

    ReplyDelete