Monday, August 30, 2010

words of wisdom

~God can only steer a moving ship~

I really like that. So many days, especially with the call to adoption, I just feel like standing still. It's way easier. I get stubborn and depressed and would rather just do nothing.

But as my friend Kristin reminded me "God can only steer a moving ship" when I feel like plopping myself down on the couch and saying 'FORGET IT' or when I dream of running off to live in 'my special country'all by myself ....(yeah, I REALLY like THAT one) ...I need to stop and focus on what's important , what I feel called to do ...and how to accomplish it. Which is NOT always easy at all.


I need to be a moving ship, not one docked and resting, which is easier.

Thanks Kristin, now that was sweet and mild mannered...wasn't it?!


  1. I'm glad to see you two are getting along! Good one Kristin!

  2. Wow! How did I not feel my entire body getting tingly all over when you posted this extremely nice blog entry? Guess because I was in PA with family the past weekend and am still recovering from the travelling. I'm glad that those words resonated with you--I know they did for me the first time I heard them years ago!

    I'll go back to my original opinion of you as the sweet, funny lady from Minnesota!

    Love you!

  3. Wait a sec, you two- I think I MIGHT HAVE missed something?!