Friday, March 4, 2011

I admit, sometimes I am SO stupid.

One of the lines I hear most often from my husband is  "I can save you from a lot of things, but I can't save you from yourself"   and honestly, he's right.

I get these impulsive (stupid) ideas in my head, and there's no stopping me.

Well, you know I like looking for remedies for things stuff....and the other day I happen to see something about drinking hydrogen peroxide to settle your stomach and things like that. 

So, yeah, I had it in my mind that I was going to try that.  W/O researching it very well at all.

Tonight, I got the bottle out and told my son and his girlfriend, "I'm going to drink some of this and it's going to make me feel really good....etc, " and they were horrified and said NOT to.

I didn't listen.

I put some (probably about 1/4 cup) in a cup of water...and drank it down.



It was awful.

Then I started researching it....and seeing that it's a really bad idea.  DUH.

Then I started to NOT feel good at all.....

I went  upstairs... and I'm too lady like to tell you the rest.  But it was most unpleasant.  MOST.

(And after we had been to my mom and dads having Mexican dinner.  Most unpleasant.)

Sometimes, I really scare myself with my impulsiveness.  And stupidity.  Not a good combination.

I need to work on that.

If I'm not dead by tomorrow.


  1. I hope you're still alive because you're my comic relief! I've heard about putting hydrogen peroxide on cuts and things ont he OUTSIDE of your body but can't say that I've ever heard of drinking it.

    Let us all know you're alive at some point today ok????

  2. I am a veterinarian and we use Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting when dogs have eaten naughty things like socks...hopefully you didn't find anything unexpected during your bathroom trips (rocks, toys, socks..etc.). Sorry you did that! Yucky!!

  3. I KNOW this is horrible, but I literally did LOL at this. I'm so sorry to have laughed, but....well there's a poison control number on the side of the peroxide bottle. Now you could have mixed a tsp of baking soda in a cup of water, and drank that, and that might have settled your stomach. Glad you're still alive today rooting for the sweet lil girl.

  4. Might be a great idea for h. pylori, it is used to kill germs after all. I used it to bleach my hair many times as a girl. Hmmmmm....that worries me. I hope you are okay!